Saturday, January 7, 2012

A goal

One of my favorite hikes I've taken was to Iceberg Lake in Glacier National Park. It's a medium length day hike, about 6 miles if I remember right, that leads off into the wilderness along trails lined with beargrass and crossing streams along it's way.

Iceberg Lake
Glacier National Park


Sloan, my daughter, did this hike with me along with a couple of others on a trip there in 2008, and it will be one of the things I always will cherish when I think of her. Time we spent together.

 I've been thinking of that trip a lot this past week or so, and it's giving me an itch to get back there. I have a lot of good memories from there and want to see more places in the park, do some things I couldn't do before, and re-visit some of the old memories. You know of my history of "second chances" if you've been reading along. I think I would like another one of those at this place.


Not this year. I need to do some things to get ready for Glacier. Last year I set some goals for my phototography. This year I need to set some goals for myself. Glacier will just be the carrot at the end of the stick.

.