Saturday, November 2, 2013

The call gets louder

Shadow of the Watchman on the Towers of the Virgin
Zion National Park

In a couple of days I leave for a short trip to Zion National Park. It's something I've been looking forward to all summer, working long hours of extra work to help pay for.

It's probably just about the last thing I should be doing now, and I'm feeling very selfish for doing it. I've cancelled the trip in my own mind many times over in the last few weeks, but just keep going back to something that tells me I have to go. I'm not sure why.

I think the reality that I don't have many more of these trips in me might be the pull of this one. Pulling me to the rocks. Telling me I have to go.

I told you earlier that the rocks were calling. They're getting louder each day and I can't ignore them.


.