Sunday, April 18, 2010

It'll be OK

The Trillium
Warren Woods State Park


I woke up yesterday morning to a sunny, cold, spring morning and talked myself into forgetting all of the yard work and all of the office paper work I should be doing and instead I went for a ride to the woods.

A couple of years ago I came across a hillside in that same woods that was covered with spring flowers. Those images I took that day didn't work out so well, and it's been bothering me since. I decided to look for that same hillside again and see if it was time to try again.

There weren't as many flowers this time as last, but as I looked around and climbed the sides of the hills, it just seemed like this was the place to be at this particular time. It just seemed right to be there.

Our family is going through a tough time right now and it's been difficult for the ones I love the past few weeks. A simple little walk in the woods looking for a second chance at a spring flower kept making me think of one thing.

It'll be OK.