Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Sante Fe evening


Denise, Sloan and I were in Sante Fe a couple of weeks ago and one evening the skys came together for a magical moment.

As we were riding down the Turquoise Trail just before sunset the clouds over the high desert started to show signs that something special was going to happen. Within just a brief time span of only about five minutes, the white fluffy clouds started to change color and continued to change from pink to orange to purple and everything in between.

Sloan and I grabbed our cameras and ran around outside the car trying to keep up with the colors as Denise did her best to keep up with her thoughts on paper (I'm sure you'll see something from her on this before long).

The colors didn't last long but I'll always remember that evening. Not just for what I was seeing, but for who I was with and how they were there to share it with me.