Friday, May 25, 2012

A Couple of Paths

Both of these are from the same night in a state park near where I live. Both are nice images, but not great. I'm tired of putting out nice ones. I want the great ones. 

People are very complimentary when they see my things and seem to like them, but I know there's better in me somewhere. I can blame the weather, or the location, or the____(fill in the blank) on not getting the great, but deep down I know it's me. A really good photographer seems to be able to pull things from nice to great just about any time they want to.

You can get lucky once in a while. I've been riding that train for a long time and now it's time to get off. Nothing would make me feel better about myself than taking the nice one and being able to make it the great one.

I need to decide. Lucky or great.  One takes a lot more work.


.