Monday, April 30, 2012

Green is Good

Tremont Road Bridge
Great Smoky Mtn. Nat. Park
All winter I was looking forward to the spring workshop I was going to in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Looking forward to the spring blossoms along the rivers and the wildflowers growing in the forests.

Then the early spring came.

Everything was early, the blossoms and flowers came and went before I got there. I didn't know what to expect, but something was there that made up for the missing ones.

Green.

Everything was green, and so many different shades of green that I found myself doing something I never do. I always find myself cranking up the saturation levels to get the look I like, but for the first time I can remember I had to slide the saturation levels to the left just to make the image believable.

Flowers and blossoms would have been special, but now I know green is good too.

.