Sunday, September 8, 2013

Old Feelings

I found this one while looking through old images a couple of days ago. It wasn't what I was looking for, and caught me by surprise a little.

I hadn't looked through this file for quite a while and I had forgot about this one. At the time I took it, I had high hopes for it, but after working with it didn't feel it was up to my expectations. It got put away and ignored.

Teton Valley
Grand Teton National Park
Now I like it. It's still not the best picture I've ever taken, but something about it has caught my attention. I'm not sure what changed. The picture didn't, so it must be me.

My goal has always been to show something in my images more than the scenery, to have the viewer feel the same way I felt when I was there. I try to take a picture and turn it into more than just a bunch of colors on a piece of paper. I try to share the light, the sunshine, the wind, the cold, the things that made that particular place what it was at that small slice of time. When it works like that and takes the viewer into the scene just a little, it turns that picture into something special.

Maybe that's why all of a sudden I like this one. It took me back to that special place in time. It made me feel something I had forgot about.

.