Friday, September 27, 2013

Trapped by the Rocks

Virgin River in Autumn, Zion National Park


Ever since Denise and I started going west about 20 years ago, I've been trapped.

Trapped with a feeling that I need to see the red rocks;  that I need to just be with them. That feeling gets stronger every year that I get older.

I sometimes think that I started this photography thing just to have an excuse to go to the rocks, because honestly, and I really mean it, I could leave the camera at home and be just as happy.

Denise has always made fun of me when I tell her I truly believe the rocks have feelings (not too get to weird about it) and souls. Somehow when I'm with them I feel them passing their peacefulness along to me.

Right now I could use some of that peacefulness.

The rocks, they are a calling.