Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm a Painter

I painted this.    Well, I kinda painted this.

Cody Wyoming has the best museum in the world, the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. The last time we were there, they had recently installed computers in the Whitney Gallery of Western Art that let you take pieces and parts of famous paintings and put them together in your own "painting".


As Denise and Sloan looked around the museum, I sat there like a little kid and put together several of these paintings. It was sort of odd sitting there amongst all of the paintings by Thomas Moran and the sculptures by Frederic Remington and all of the other artists, both old and new. I don't have a lick of painting skills and just sat there in awe of their skills and vision.


I'd give just about anything to be able to create something like this for real.