Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where's the scenery?

Bryce Canyon Sunrise
Bryce Canyon.

Not much to say about Bryce. You drive up to the canyon edge and there it is. Nothing else like it.  Not anywhere.

The colors are like nowhere else I've been, and are just about impossible to portray in a picture. The light bounces around and seemingly goes right through the hoodoos.

Magic light.







And here's this pictures little side story---  
    
 On a hike into the canyon just after this image was taken, I had the dumbest question asked to me of any I've ever heard. Often people will see the tripod over my shoulder and think I'm some kind of tour guide, but this one beat them all.
A husband and wife, walking into the canyon in their Sunday best clothes and dress shoes stopped me and asked "where's the scenery?".

Honestly, some people just don't get it.

.